Retreat for English Ministry Pastors of Bay Area Chinese Churches (Aug. 4-5, 2008) June 16, 2008Posted by Tim Tseng in events.
Tags: Bay Area, chinese churches, English Ministry, Pastors' Retreat
English Ministries Pastors in Bay Area Chinese Churches are cordially invited to a retreat on August 4-5, 2008!
Download brochure (1.4 MB pdf)
What is the purpose of the retreat?
• A time of rest, fellowship, and equipping.
• An opportunity to hear and reflect on Steve Quen’s experience as pastor of the Bay Area Chinese Bible Church.
• An introduction and invitation to the equipping resources of The Leadership Connection (TLC) and the Institute for the Study of Asian American Christianity (ISAAC).
Who is the retreat for?
This retreat is primarily, but not exclusively, for pastors who serve in English Ministries of Bay Area Chinese churches. We would like to limit the number of participants to 30 (ideally, we’d like to have 10-12 pastors from the Peninsula, the South Bay, and the East Bay, respectively).
Where and when will it be held?
The Pastors’ Retreat will be held at San Damiano Retreat Center in Danville. We begin on Monday, Aug. 4 at 10 AM and end the next day (Tuesday, Aug. 5) at 4 PM. See schedule below.
How much will it cost?
$200 per registrant (which includes overnight accommodations in single rooms, two lunches, a dinner, and breakfast). However, we do not want the cost to hinder your participation! ISAAC and TLC, with the support of individuals who are concerned about the health of Chinese churches, are providing scholarships for the conferees. You may request full ($200) or partial scholarships ($150, $100, $50). We also hope that your church can cover some or all of the cost.
For more information and to register
Contact Johnson Chiu at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 803-0690. Register only at: http://fs16.formsite.com/sanacs/form662985063/index.html Registration will be open on a first come, first serve basis until July 21st, 2008. Check the ISAAC website for details and updates.
About the sponsors:
- The Leadership Connection’s mission is to Support the Call, Strengthen the Lives, and Sharpen the Skills of Ministry Leaders Worldwide. At the center of TLC’s ministry are Connection Groups where pastors meet monthly. TLC staff facilitate these meetings where participants are committed to mentoring each other, maintain confidentiality, and speaking with candidness. Other resources for equipping leaders are also provided. Go to http://tlcinc.org for more information.
- The Institute for the Study of Asian American Christianity equips equippers for more effective service in Asian American Christian communities. ISAAC is committed to providing relevant resources for equippers such as religious leaders, educators, or scholars. Go to http://isaacweb.org for more information.
Monday, August 4, 2008
10:00 AM Arrival, Introductions
11:00 Break (put stuff in room)
11:15 TLC/ISAAC Introductions
11:30 One-on-One Connections
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 Session #1 – Special Speaker: Steve Quen (followed by Q & A and Group Photo)
3:00 Session # 2 – Share Your Calling and Dream
4:30 Personal Retreat time – Tim Tseng and Johnson Chiu will be available to meet with conferees to talk about programs that ISAAC and TLC will develop in partnership with pastors and churches.
7:30 Session # 3 – Issues/Opportunities session, Intro to the I/O Process, handouts
8:30 Group activities
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 Session #4 – The Five Dysfunctions
10:15 Labyrinth Walk
11:00 Session #5 – I/O #2
12:00 PM Lunch
2:15 Session #6 – I/O #3
3:15 Announcements/Wrap Up
4:00 Retreat concludes